Friday, October 18, 2013

Travel Tales : Shakespeare & Co., Paris

While I am spending some quality time with family and being pampered silly by my MIL, I thought this was a good enough opportunity to dig into the archives and bring you with me to some of my travels. On another note, we are leaving for Portland for a day to take care of some business. What an irony! 

So, case in point, if you love books and are a little crazy like me that you want to visit the bookstore where Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce and the like used to hangout ; and then pick up books written by the same authors from the same bookstore, this is your place!


I visited Shakespeare and Company while vacationing in Paris this spring and it was an evening well spent in a vibrant neighborhood with husband in tow. It is a smallish bookstore and reading-library with old winding wood staircases that smell rightly of old books stacked in every nook and cranny. While you are there, visit the upper floor and spend sometime sitting and reading, and I promise you an old world charm you cannot resist!





On another note, this rain jacket from Columbia was a lifesaver in rainy Paris and has served me well in Seattle fall weather too. Give it a try of you want a waterproof shell that isn't too warm.

Au revior and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

ashy said...

This sounds like an afternoon well spent in Paris! Love your hair in the second pic :)
~ashy
http://thezingofmylife.blogspot.com/

Urban Mantra said...

Omg, I think I've actually been to this bookstore when visiting Paris almost 2 years back. Is this the bookstore that is near the Notre Dame? I had no idea that such famous authors used to frequent this bookstore. Very cool!

Sounds like you enjoyed your trip to Paris! I remember seeing your posts on instagram - sigh! Hope to go again someday!

Richa
www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com